Tuesday, August 28, 2012

English 10--Tuesday, August 28

Here's what we did today:

Objective: Why should we improve our reading, thinking, and writing skills?

Schedule for the day-
1- Writing Questionairre-walk about- Students walked around in groups and answered each of these questions (which were on colored butcher paper) with sticky-notes

  • When it comes to writing, I don't understand
  • I dislike writing when
  • I like writing when
  • One or two things I want to learn to do better in writing is/are
  • My favorite writing assignment was...

2-Watched "Finding Forrester" trailer- Discussed why writing is so important.

3- Watched Mrs. Jaynes' powerpoint entitled "The Power of Reading, Thinking, and Writing.
 4- Students checked off their composition journal- they also wrote their main goal they'd like to achieve this year in English class.



Homework: Last day to bring class materials! If they aren't in class next time, you will lose points.

No comments:

Post a Comment