Friday, September 14, 2012

English 10--Friday, September 14

Objective: How do I pick a topic for my personal narrative?

1- Read complete a strategy
2- Reviewed static vs dynamic characters. Discussed how static characters don't change over the course of the story while dynamic characters do. As characters in our own lives, we are all dynamic characters because we experience things that change us--these are called Turning Points.
3- I showed the students all of my turning points and we discussed how they affected my life--impacted me in a way that changed me into who I am.
4- Next, I graphed those on a visual scale. It was easy to see that if I were choosing a topic for my personal narrative, I would want to choose one that was either a high or a low in my life because those were the experiences that affected me the most.
5-Students wrote down their own experiences/turning points in preparation to graph them next time.

Homework: None. Have a lovely Homecoming Weekend.
Mrs. Jaynes

No comments:

Post a Comment